Academic Distinctions Committee records
Scope and Contents
The collection contains records that document the functions and activities of this department.
Collection is organized by accession and includes the following material:
As of 2012 there is only one accession:
Accession 10780.A: Material regarding a new grading system and the honors college, 1970-1971.
- University of Oregon. Committee on Academic Distinctions (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Permanent University Archive public records are available for research, and are subject to state, and in some cases federal freedom of information laws. In compliance with applicable state and federal laws, including, but not limited to, FERPA and HIPAA, specific records that are legally protected, sensitive, private, or confidential are exempt (not subject to disclosure) and closed to protect individual privacy. Access to paper records will be granted after a professional review of the records occurs based on regulations in state and federal laws. Contact Special Collections and University Archives well in advance in order to access these records.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
The Academic Distinctions committee at the University of Oregon was concerned with reviewing the requirements for achieving various academic distinctions.
0.25 linear feet (1 container) : 1 half manuscript box
Language of Materials
The Academic Distinctions committee at the University of Oregon was concerned with reviewing the requirements for achieving various academic distinctions. Collection contains material regarding a new grading system and the honors college, 1970-1971.
Material within this collection has been organized by accession. This organization reflects the fact that the collection has been acquired in increments over time. This organization is also based on the decision not to merge the various accessions and organize them as a whole at this point in time, give the fact that future accruals are anticipated and/or that this organization is deemed sufficient for access.
Researchers should note that materials within a series or accession may overlap and/or relate to materials found in other accessions or initially processed materials. For example, correspondence may be found in all or only some groupings. In order to locate all relevant material within this collection, researchers may need to consult each accession.
Researchers should also note that similar materials can be arranged differently in each accession, depending on how the material is organized upon receipt or during initial processing. For instance, correspondence is one accession may be arranged alphabetically, while correspondence in another accession is arranged chronologically.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated by the Academic Distinctions Committee.
Collection processed by Tanya Parlet, May 2012.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal to no organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Academic achievement -- Oregon -- Eugene Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- College students -- Oregon -- Eugene Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Colleges and Universities Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Education, Higher -- Oregon -- Eugene Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Grading and marking (Students) -- Oregon -- Eugene Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Robert D. Clark Honors College
- Universities and colleges -- Oregon -- Eugene Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Academic Distinctions Committee Records
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA