Scope and Contents
The collection contains volumes and loose pages of hand-written and typed student orations, some with grade notations and references to the class, contest or ceremony for which the oration was performed, from 1899-1932.
- Creation: 1899-1932
- University of Oregon (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Students at the University of Oregon have written and performed numerous orations for ceremonies, contests, and class work.
0.5 linear feet (2 containers) : 1 half manuscript box, 1 volume
Language of Materials
Students at the University of Oregon have written and performed numerous orations for ceremonies, contests, and class work. The collection contains hand-written and typed student orations, some with notations.
Material within this collection may have little to no intellectual or physical arrangement. Any arrangement may have derived from the records' creators or custodians. It may be necessary to look in multiple places for the same types of materials.
Collection processed by Tanya Parlet, February 2012.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal to no organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
Genre / Form
- College orations -- University of Oregon
- College students -- Oregon -- Eugene
- Education, Higher -- Oregon -- Eugene
- Oratory -- Competitions -- Oregon -- Eugene
- Oratory -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- Oregon -- Eugene
- Speeches, addresses, etc., American -- Oregon -- Eugene
- Student Life
- Universities and colleges -- Oregon -- Eugene
- Guide to the Student orations
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).