Research Committee records
Scope and Contents
The collection contains one record book of minutes, correspondence, grant information, and project descriptions.
Minutes were recorded by the Research Committee, and its successor, the General Research Council of the Oregon State System of Higher Education, as well as individual research committees/divisions within the university, such as the Social Science Divisional Research Council, the Natural Science Divisional Research Council, and Language, Literature and Arts Research Council.
- Oregon State System of Higher Education. General Research Council (Organization)
- University of Oregon. Research Committee (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Permanent University Archive public records are available for research, and are subject to state, and in some cases federal freedom of information laws. In compliance with applicable state and federal laws, including, but not limited to, FERPA and HIPAA, specific records that are legally protected, sensitive, private, or confidential are exempt (not subject to disclosure) and closed to protect individual privacy. Access to paper records will be granted after a professional review of the records occurs based on regulations in state and federal laws. Contact Special Collections and University Archives well in advance in order to access these records.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
The first research committee at the University of Oregon was appointed by President Campbell in the fall of 1919, for the purpose of stimulating research at the university. The successor to the committee was the General Research Council of the Oregon State System of Higher Education, which was organized in 1930.
0.25 linear feet (1 volume)
Language of Materials
The purpose of the UO Research Committee, and its successor, the General Research Council of the Oregon State System of Higher Education, was to stimulate research at the university. The collection contains one record book of minutes, correspondence, grant information, and project descriptions.
Collection processed by Tanya Parlet, February 2012.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Colleges and Universities Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Education, Higher -- Oregon -- Eugene Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Research -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Universities and colleges -- Oregon -- Eugene Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University of Oregon
- University of Oregon. Research Committee
- Guide to the Research Committee records
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet
- February 2012
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA