Philologian Society records
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of one record book by the UO Philologian society that contains hand-written secretary minutes, bylaws, bills, and correspondence, 1893-1903.
- University of Oregon. Philologian Society (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
The Philologian Society was a student group at the University of Oregon. According to the society's constitution, the Society was formed "in order to attain greater proficiency in debate, and a more thorough knowledge of parliamentary usages...for the discussions of questions of government, literature, history, science and religion."
0.25 linear feet (1 container) : 1 volume
Language of Materials
The Philologian Society was a student group at the University of Oregon. The collection contains one hand-written record book of minutes, 1893-1903.
Collection processed by Tanya Parlet, 2012
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- College students -- Oregon -- Eugene Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Colleges and Universities Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Philology Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University of Oregon
- University of Oregon. Philologian Society
- Guide to the Philologian Society Records
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA