Pacific Telephone and Telegraph Company fundamental plan survey
Scope and Contents
The volume that contains the final report is organized by statistical subject. Included are maps and charts. Also included are correspondence and memoranda, by Clarence Cogswell, related to the population survey, located in the second volume.
- Pacific Telephone and Telegraph Company (Organization)
- Cogswell, Clarence Holloway, 1887-1929 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Between August 1916 and March 1917, the Pacific Telephone and Telegraph Company undertook a "Fundamental Plan Survey" of Portland, Oregon. The survey gathered information such as: population and distribution of population, family statistics, business and firm distribution, telephone estimates, rate schedules, and rent value.
The consulting engineer who organized and managed the survey was Clarence H. Cogswell.
1 linear feet (1 container) : 1 clamshell box
Language of Materials
Between August 1916 and March 1917, the Pacific Telephone and Telegraph Company undertook a "Fundamental Plan Survey" of Portland, Oregon, that gathered population, business, firm, and rent value statistics, telephone estimates, and rate schedules. The collection (1916-1917) contains the final report and correspondence related to the population survey.
Collection processed by staff, and Tanya Parlet, 2013.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Engineers -- Oregon -- Portland Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Maps Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Memorandums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pacific Telephone and Telegraph Company
- Portland (Or.) -- Population Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Surveys (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Telephone -- Oregon -- Portland Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pacific Telephone and Telegraph Company Fundamental Plan Survey
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA