Black Student Union records
Scope and Contents
Collection consists of three photo albums, a comment scrapbook, guest book, photographs and negatives from 1978 to 1981.
- Black Student Union (University of Oregon) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
The Black Student Union at the University of Oregon was formed in 1966.
1.5 linear feet (1 container) : 1 record storage box
Language of Materials
The Black Student Union at the University of Oregon was formed in 1966. The collection consists of photographs and scrapbooks from 1978 to 1981.
Material within this collection may have little to no intellectual or physical arrangement. Any arrangement may have derived from the records' creators or custodians.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The records have been acquired through occasional transfers from the Black Student Union.
Continued transfers of records from the Black Student Union are expected indefinitely.
Collection processed by Tanya Parlet, 2011.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal to no organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- African American college students -- Oregon -- Eugene Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Black Student Union (University of Oregon)
- College students, Black -- Oregon -- Eugene Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Negatives Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Student Life Subject Source: Archiveswest
- University of Oregon
- Guide to the Black Student Union Records
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by Tanya Parlet
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA