Administrative Manual records
Scope and Contents
The collection contains previous versions of Administrative Manuals, working documents, and research files used to update the Administrative Manual between the years 1960 and 1970.
Series I contains UO Administrative manuals from 1966-1968.
Series II contains section and chapter files of the Administrative Manual, 1960-1971.
Series III contains reference and supplementary material used in creating the Administrative Manual including correspondence and memoranda from 1956-1970.
- University of Oregon. Office of the President (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Permanent University Archive public records are available for research, and are subject to state, and in some cases federal freedom of information laws. In compliance with applicable state and federal laws, including, but not limited to, FERPA and HIPAA, specific records that are legally protected, sensitive, private, or confidential are exempt (not subject to disclosure) and closed to protect individual privacy. Access to paper records will be granted after a professional review of the records occurs based on regulations in state and federal laws. Contact Special Collections and University Archives well in advance in order to access these records.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
The University of Oregon Administrative Manual used to be the main governing document for the administration of the University. Currently, University of Oregon Policy Statements replace the University of Oregon Administrative Manual and all previous University policies and directives.
4.5 linear feet (3 containers) : 3 record storage boxes
Language of Materials
The University of Oregon Administrative Manual was the main governing document for the administration of the University. The collection contains previous versions of Administrative Manuals, working documents, and research files used to update the Administrative Manual between the years 1960 and 1970.
Collection is organized into the following series: Series I: Administrative Manuals, Series II: Section and Chapter Files, and Series III: Reference and Supplementary Material.
Collection processed by Rachel Erfeldt, 2007.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Manuals (Handbooks) Subject Source: Genre Terms: A Thesaurus for Use in Rare Book and Special Collections Cataloguing
- Public universities and colleges -- Oregon -- Administration Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Universities and colleges -- Oregon -- Eugene Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- University of Oregon -- Administration -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Administrative Manual records
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA