Barbara M. Hayes biography of John David Hayes
Scope and Contents
The collection (1973) contains a manuscript of a biography of John David Hayes, by Barbara Hayes.
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
0.25 linear feet (7 folders)
Language of Materials
Barbara Hayes was the wife John David Hayes, who was a Presbyterian missionary in Peking, China, from 1917 to 1943. The collection (1973) contains a manuscript of a biography of John David Hayes, by Barbara Hayes.
Existence and Location of Originals
The original copy of this collection is housed in the Presbyterian Historical Society in Philadelphia, and a second xeroxed copy has been sent to the Yale Divinity Library.
Existence and Location of Copies
This collection has been microfilmed. Microfilm reels are available for purchase, or via Inter-library Loan. When requesting reels for this collection, please request: “Women’s Lives, Series 3, American Women Missionaries and Pioneers Collection, reel(s) 54."
Collection processed by staff, and Tanya Parlet, 2013.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- China -- History -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hayes, Barbara Monteath Kelman, 1893-1975
- Hayes, John David, 1888-1957
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Missionaries -- China -- Beijing Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Missions, American -- China -- Beijing Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Presbyterian Church in the U.S.A
- Guide to the Barbara M. Hayes Biography of John David Hayes
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA