Elizabeth G. Lewis Dunbar autobiography
Scope and Contents
The collection (1947) contains the manuscript of Dunbar's autobiography.
- Dunbar, Elizabeth G. Lewis, 1886- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Elizabeth G. Lewis Dunbar was educated at the University of California Medical School. In 1916, she became a medical missionary to India and remained there until 1947.
0.25 linear feet (1 container)
Language of Materials
Elizabeth G. Lewis Dunbar (1886 - ?) served as a medical missionary to India, from 1916 until 1947. The collection (1947) contains the manuscript of her autobiography.
Existence and Location of Copies
This collection has been microfilmed. Microfilm reels are available for purchase, or via Inter-library Loan. When requesting reels for this collection, please request: “Women’s Lives, Series 3, American Women Missionaries and Pioneers Collection, reel(s) 60.”
1 half-manuscript box.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents
- Americans -- India -- Biography Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Autobiographies Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Dunbar, Elizabeth G. Lewis, 1886-
- India -- History -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Missionaries, Medical -- India -- Biography Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Missions, American -- India Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Presbyterian Church in the U.S.A
- Women Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Women missionaries -- India -- Biography Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Elizabeth G. Lewis Dunbar Autobiography
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA