The Bulletin [Bend] Newspaper subject files about Rajneeshpuram
Scope and Contents
The collection contains subject files compiled by the Bend newspaper regarding the Rajneeshees, and Rajneeshpuram in Oregon.
Materials include articles, legal documents, research files, correspondence and photographs. The original order of the collection was preserved; the folder title indicates the subject of the file. There may be a variety of documents within each folder.
- Bend Bulletin, Inc. (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
The Bulletin is a newspaper published in Bend, Oregon.
2.5 linear feet (3 containers) : 1 record storage box, 2 manuscript boxes
Language of Materials
The Bulletin is a newspaper published in Bend, Oregon. The collection (1980s) contains subject files compiled by the newspaper regarding the Rajneeshees in Oregon, and material includes photocopies of articles, research files, legal documents, correspondence, and photographs.
The collection was kept in the original subject file order.
Material within this collection is minimally arranged. Any arrangement is either derived from the records' creators or custodians or from staff at the time of initial processing. It may be necessary to look in multiple places for the same types of materials.
Collection processed by Tanya Parlet, 2011.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal to no organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- American newspapers -- Oregon -- Bend Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Bend Bulletin, Inc.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Journalism -- Oregon -- Bend Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Rajneeshees -- Oregon -- Rajneeshpuram Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Rajneeshees -- Press coverage -- Oregon -- Bend Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Rajneeshpuram (Or.) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Rajneeshpuram (Or.) -- Press coverage Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Religion and state -- Oregon -- Rajneeshpuram Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Religious communities -- Oregon -- Rajneeshpuram Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to The Bulletin [Bend] Newspaper Subject Files About Rajneeshpuram
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).