Richard Frazier Crawford Beyond Black & White exhibit photographs
Scope and Contents note
Collection comprises 34 photographs of African American men by Richard Frazier Crawford. The photographs are color prints. The men in the photographs are Markus Phillips; Wilson Laroi; Tony Morgan; Andrew Smith; Anthony Fuller; Ronnie Vails, Olympic cyclist in 1000 meters at the 1984 Olympics; and Robert Branch Jr.; Leonard Cooke, Eugene, Oregon Police Chief from July 1992 to March 1998.
- Crawford, Richard Frazier (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Archival material may contain materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal and/or state right to privacy laws and other regulations.
Researchers are advised that the disclosure of certain information pertaining to identifiable living individuals represented in this collection without the consent of those individuals may have legal ramifications (e.g. a cause of action for invasion of privacy may arise if facts concerning an individual's private life are published that would be deemed highly offensive to a reasonable person) for which the University of Oregon assumes no responsibility.
If a researcher finds sensitive personal information in a collection, please bring it to the attention of the reading room staff.
0.5 linear feet (1 container)
Language of Materials
"Beyond Black & White" was an exhibit by Richard Frazier Crawford (dates unknown) that depicted African-American men in Oregon, 1980-2000. The collection consists of 34 color images.
General Physical Description note
1 container, including 34 photographic prints
Processing Information note
Collection processed by Megan Dazey.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- African American athletes -- Photographs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- African American men -- Photographs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- African American police chiefs -- Oregon -- Eugene -- Photographs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- African Americans Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Crawford, Richard Frazier
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Guide to the Richard Frazier Crawford Beyond Black & White exhibit photographs
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by Normandy Helmer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.