Robbie McClaran photographs
Scope and Contents note
The Robbie McClaran photographs primarily include photographic prints and text panels on acetate from the exhibition and portfolio by Robbie McClaran titled "Angry White Men." Working primarily from pictorial assignments, McClaran has photographed many of the United States' most vigilant citizens and politicians of the religious right of recent years, such as Pat Buchanan and Jerry Falwell, and some of the most infamous conspirators of the last decade, including the late Timothy McVeigh. The collection also includes a copy of the book "Angry White Men," an inventory of the portfolio, slides depicting the installed exhibition, and a portrait of McClaran. Many prints are matted.
- McClaran, Robbie (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Robbie McClaran is a noted American documentary and fine art photographer based in Portland, Oregon.
7.75 linear feet (4 flat boxes; 5 oversize folders)
Language of Materials
Robbie McClaran is a noted American documentary and fine art photographer. The collection includes materials from McClaran's exhibit, "Angry White Men," with text panels and prints. "Angry White Men" assembles documentary images of the radical right between 1983-1996, including portraits and images of Republican politicians, Klan activists, Right to Life activists, militias, survivalists, the remnants of David Koresh's compound at Waco, and a portrait of terrorist Timothy McVeigh.
Immediate Source of Acquisition note
Purchased from Robbie McClaran in 2004.
Collection processed by Alexa Goff, 2019.
- Conservatives -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Exhibition catalogs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Men, White Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Religious right Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Robbie McClaran photographs
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by Normandy Helmer and Alexa Goff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Oversize Folder: 1 (Graphic Materials)
- Oversize Folder: 2 (Graphic Materials)
- Oversize Folder: 3 (Graphic Materials)
- Oversize Folder: 4 (Graphic Materials)
- Oversize Folder: 5 (Graphic Materials)
- Box: 1 (Graphic Materials)
- Box: 2 (Graphic Materials)
- Box: 3 (Graphic Materials)
- Box: 4 (Graphic Materials)
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA