Harry M. Kenin recollections
Scope and Contents
The collection (1939-1942) contains Kenin's typewritten recollections (eleven pages) regarding his service in the state senate. The recollections are descriptive, especially in regards to Kenin's first days in the senate, how the senate worked, people he met, lobbyists, and types of bills and legislation.
- Kenin, Harry M., -1954 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Harry M. Kenin, originally of Philadelphia, served two terms in the Oregon State Senate, in 1939 and 1941, representing Clackamas, Multnomah, and Columbia counties.
He also "served a term as president of the B’nai B’rith Lodge, and was affiliated with Temple Beth Israel in Portland." He was also a member of the "Portland school board, and on the state’s Welfare Commission before his premature death in 1954."
[Source: Lena Kenin page at: oregonencyclopedia.org]
0.025 linear feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials
Harry M. Kenin (? - 1954) served two terms the Oregon State Senate, in 1939 and 1941, representing Clackamas, Multnomah, and Columbia counties. The collection (1939-1942) contains Kenin's recollections regarding his service in the state senate.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Kenin, Harry M., -1954
- Legislators -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon -- Politics and government -- 1859-1950 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon. Legislative Assembly. Senate
- Politicians -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Politics and Politicians Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Reminiscences Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Guide to the Harry M. Kenin Recollections
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA