USDA Forest Service photographs
Scope and Contents note
The collection consists of 26 prints on official mounts. The names of the photographers appear on almost every image, and occasionally full information about the image capture is also provided.
- United States. Forest Service (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service is a Federal agency that manages public lands in national forests and grasslands. It was established by Congress in 1905 to provide quality water and timber for the nation's benefit. In addition to natural resources for production, the Forest Service lands provide recreational areas as "America's great outdoors."
1.25 linear feet (1 container)
Language of Materials
The USDA Forest Service Photographs consist of 26 official Bureau of Forestry images documenting work projects and landscape in national forests of Oregon and Washington. It is of interest for its documentation of the early years of the organization and for the forests depicted.
Immediate Source of Acquisition note
Purchased from Fred Lockley, circa 1950s.
General Physical Description note
1 container, including 26 photographs
Processing Information note
Collection processed by Normandy S. Helmer, October 2005.
- Forests and forestry -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Forests and forestry -- Washington (State) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographic prints Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- gelatin silver prints Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Guide to the USDA Forest Service photographs
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by Normandy Helmer
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA