Edward Dickinson Baker address extract
Extract from an address given by E.D. Baker in Salem, Or., on July 4, 1860. Address emphasizes patriotism and mentions the threat of upcoming war.
- 1860 July 4
- Baker, Edward Dickinson, 1811-1861 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Statesman, soldier, and orator; elected as Oregon's first Republican senator in 1859.
0.02 linear feet
Language of Materials
General Physical Description note
Processing Information note
Collection is processed.
- Guide to the Edward Dickinson Baker address extract
- Preliminary Description
- Finding aid prepared by University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.