Lynd Ward proofs and letter
Scope and Contents
Proofs of "North Star Shining" and letter to Mr. Rohde. Illustrations are both black and white as well as color lithographs. The library holds a larger collection of the Lynd Ward Papers.
- Ward, Lynd, 1905-1985 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public.
Collection must be used in Special Collections & University Archives Reading Room.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections & University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections & University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Illustrator; best known for his wood engravings and woodcuts.
0.05 linear feet
Language of Materials
Proof copy of North Star Shining: A Pictorial History of the American Negro, by Hildegarde Hoyt Swift, illustrated by Lynd Ward. Includes letter from Ward to a Mr. Rohde, Feb. 16, 1950, which mentions the illustrations in the book.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchased from Serendipity Books, 1985
General Physical Description note
Processing Information note
Collection is processed.
- Artists Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Arts and Humanities Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Illustrated children's books Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustrators Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Swift, Hildegarde Hoyt
- Ward, Lynd, 1905-1985
- Guide to the Lynd Ward proofs and letter
- Preliminary Description
- Finding aid prepared by University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.