Scope and Contents note
Reminiscences of W.W. Lloyd of Halfway, Oregon, telling of his trip from Missouri to Idaho in 1876, and his life in Pine Valley, now Pine (Baker County), Oregon. Reminiscences are titled Two Old-Time Pioneer Mules Outpull 22 Head of Horses in Canyon Creek (Trip Across the Plains in 1876), Early Life in Pine Valley was Rugged and Pioneers Lived a Life of Adventure (continuation of Trip Across the Plains in 1876), and Early Pine, Eagle Settlers Put End to Indian Raids. The reminiscences were written for the Baker County (Oregon) Historical Society.
- circa 1900-1950
- Lloyd, William W. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
William Lloyd was born the fifth child to Granville and Rebecca Anne Lloyd on April 5, 1866 in Adair County, Missouri. His father died in 1873, leaving his mother widowed. The family then traveled West in 1876 to meet with Rebecca's brother who lived in Idaho. After arriving in Boise, the family continued on to Oregon and settled in Pine in Baker County, Oregon. Lloyd was a farmer and a stock-raiser and he became the first mayor of Halfway, Oregon.
0.1 linear feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials
The William W. Lloyd Papers comprise a single manuscript detailing Lloyd's trip from Missouri to Idaho in 1876 and his life in Pine Valley, now Pine (Baker County), Oregon.
Collection is located with other small manuscript collections.
General Physical Description note
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Baker County (Or.) -- History Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Idaho Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Idaho -- History Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Overland Journeys to the Northwestern United States Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Pine (Baker County, Or.) -- History Subject Source: Local sources
- Pioneers Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Reminiscences Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Guide to the William W. Lloyd Reminiscences
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by Jenny Palm
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.