James T. Abbett sermons
Scope and Contents
The collection (1881-1918) contains sermons, many undated, from services in Indiana and Oregon.
- Abbett, James T., 1851-1934 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
James T. Abbett (1851-1934) was born in Jasper County, Indiana. He became a Methodist Episcopal minister. From 1884 to 1890 he served congregations in Indiana. In 1890 he came to Oregon, and served as pastor in the cities of Albany, Eugene, Ashland, McMinnville, and Portland, Oregon. He retired in 1919.
1 linear feet (1 container) : 1 clam shell box
Language of Materials
James T. Abbett (1851-1934) became a Methodist Episcopal minister, and served congregations first in Indiana, then after 1890 he served as pastor in the cities of Albany, Eugene, Ashland, McMinnville, and Portland, Oregon. The collection (1881-1918) contains sermons from services in Indiana and Oregon.
Material within this collection may have little to no intellectual or physical arrangement. Any arrangement may have derived from the records' creators or custodians. It may be necessary to look in multiple places for the same types of materials.
Collection processed by staff, 1960s, and Tanya Parlet, 2013.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal to no organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Methodist Episcopal Church -- Indiana -- Clergy Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Methodist Episcopal Church -- Oregon -- Clergy Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Methodist Episcopal Church -- Sermons Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sermons Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Guide to the James T. Abbett sermons
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet and Kira B. Homo
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA