Sara Burleson Machetanz papers
Scope and Contents note
Collection includes minor manuscript fragments, correspondence, and a diary written by Sara Machetanz, an American author and film producer known for her work about Eskimo life in Alaska. The diary describes her experiences living in an Eskimo village in Unalakleet, Alaska, from 1954 to 1955.
- Machetanz, Sara (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Sara Burleson Machetanz (June 25, 1918- ) was born in Johnson City, Tennessee and was educated at East Tennessee State College. She is known for writing books and producing films about Eskimo life in Alaska, working alongside her illustrator husband, Frederick Machetanz (now deceased).
0.2 linear feet (3 folders)
Language of Materials
Sara Burleson Machetanz (1918- ) is known for her books and films about Eskimo life in Alaska. The papers include manuscript fragments, letters, and a diary written in Unalakeet, Alaska describing her experiences in an Eskimo village.
Immediate Source of Acquisition note
Gift of Sara Burleson Machetanz in 1969.
General Physical Description note
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Alaska Subject Source: Local sources
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Diaries Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Diaries -- Alaska Subject Source: Genre Terms: A Thesaurus for Use in Rare Book and Special Collections Cataloguing
- Eskimos -- Alaska -- Unalakleet Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Machetanz, Sara
- Native Americans Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Publishers and publishing -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Unalakleet (Alaska) -- Description and travel Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Women Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Women authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Sara Burleson Machetanz papers
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by processing staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA