Scope and Contents
The collection (1967) contains the final manuscript for "Sleep, Sable Brother," and one publisher's rejection letter.
- Barron, Ann Forman, 1917-1998 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
0.05 linear feet (2 containers) : 2 folders
Language of Materials
Ann Barron was a client of the Lenniger Literary Agency and a writer whose manuscript, "Sleep, Sable Brother," was published in 1969 by Gold Medal Books under the title Strange Legacy. The collection (1967) contains the final manuscript for "Sleep, Sable Brother," and one publisher's rejection letter.
Collection processed by staff in the 1970s, and Tanya Parlet, 2013.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- American fiction -- 20th century -- Authorship Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Authors and publishers -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Manuscripts Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Women Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Women authors, American -- 20th century -- Manuscripts Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Ann Barron manuscript
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC)