Scope and Contents
The collection contains zither music, notes about zither music, and photographs.
There are three journals containing zither music (1884-1914; 1884-1913; 1884-1908), and also zither sheet music sold by Cykler's store.
The collection includes three other journals: one by Molly Cykler and two by Judith Cykler, both consisting of handwritten notes and music.
There are two photographs: one of a band holding their instruments, and one of a couple.
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Emanuel Cykler was a dealer in zithers and zither music and strings in San Jose, California.
1.5 linear feet (1 container) : 1 record storage box
Language of Materials
Emanuel Cykler was a dealer in zithers and zither music and strings in San Jose, California. The collection (1884-1914) contains zither music, notes about zither music, and photographs.
Material within this collection may have little to no intellectual or physical arrangement. Any arrangement may have derived from the records' creators or custodians. It may be necessary to look in multiple places for the same types of materials
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal to no organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Cykler, Emanuel, 1858-1920
- Cykler, Judith
- Cykler, Molly
- Music Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Music -- Manuscripts -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Music stores -- California -- San Jose Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Sheet music Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Zither music Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Emanuel Cykler Papers
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).