Scope and Contents
The collection contains over a 1,000 sermons.
The sermons are notated with the title, bible text used, date given, and the location.
The collection also contains a biography of William Booth, the founder of the Salvation Army.
- Phillips, Victor, 1888-1961 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Victor Phillips (1888-1961) was a Methodist minister in Portland, Oregon.
3 linear feet (2 containers) : 2 record storage boxes
Language of Materials
Victor Phillips (1888-1961) was a Methodist minister in Portland, Oregon. The collection contains sermons.
Material within this collection may have little to no intellectual or physical arrangement. Any arrangement may have derived from the records' creators or custodians. It may be necessary to look in multiple places for the same types of materials.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal to no organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Booth, William, 1829-1912
- Methodist Church (U.S.)--Sermons
- Phillips, Victor, 1888-1961
- Portland (Or.) -- Church history Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Religion Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Sermons Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Sermons, American -- Oregon -- Portland Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Victor Phillips Sermons
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).