The Honey Bee newspaper issue
Scope and Contents
The collection contains a hand-written issue of a Jacksonville, Oregon publication/newspaper titled, The Honey Bee, Volume 1, Number 1, 1874, written by "Editress" Annie Miller. The subtitle of the publication states that it is "Devoted to Art, Wit, Poetry, and Science."
- Miller, Annie, 1855-1920 (Person)
- Honey bee (Jacksonville, Or.) (Organization)
- Young Ladies of the Independent Literary Society (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
0.025 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
The The Honey Bee was a newspaper created by "Editress" Annie Miller, of Jacksonville, Oregon. The collection contains a hand-written issue of The Honey Bee, Volume 1, Number 1, 1874, that contains the subtitle, "Devoted to Art, Wit, Poetry, and Science."
Collection processed by staff in the 1970s, and Tanya Parlet, 2013.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Jacksonville (Or.) -- History Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Journalism Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Manuscripts (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Newspapers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Periodicals Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Women authors, American -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the The Honey Bee Newspaper Issue
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).