Scope and Contents note
The collection includes materials related to courses on women and media taught by Anderson at Oregon State University beginning in the late 1970s. Anderson co-taught courses with Judy Carlson that would eventually become part of the Women's Studies program. Materials include syllabi, course readings, and correspondence to guest speakers for the course. In addition, the collection contains three folders of materials related to Anderson's work for the Economic Equity for Women Conference held annually from 1987 to 1989. These include minute meetings, budgets, and conference programs. The last two folders of the collection are copies of the magazine In Unison: Issues for Oregon's Contemporary Woman, the name of which was later changed to Women In Unison. The magazine was published from 1987-1990.
- Anderson, Jean Fuller (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Jean Fuller Anderson is an American educator who focused her work on economic equity for women. Along with her partner Ellen Nichols, Anderson founded the non-profit organization Economic Equity for Women, Inc. She was president of the National Federation of Press Women Oregon affiliate and founder of In Unison Publications and In Unison magazine.
0.5 linear feet (1 container) : 1 manuscript box
Language of Materials
Jean Fuller Anderson is an American educator and publisher who taught courses on women and media at Oregon State University and focused her work on economic equity for women. The collection contains materials related to Anderson's teaching and her work related to economic equity for women, particularly the Economic Equity for Women Conference, 1987-1989.
Processing Information note
Collection processed by Cassandra A. Schmitt.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Businesses and Corporations Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Businesswomen -- Oregon -- Periodicals Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Colleges and Universities Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Journalism Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Mass media and women -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Media and Communication Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Oregon State University -- Faculty
- Pay equity -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Women -- Oregon -- Periodicals Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women educators -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women's periodicals Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Jean Fuller Anderson papers
- Revise Description
- Cassandra A. Schmitt and Kira B. Homo
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) administered through the Oregon State Library.