Silver King Mining Company records
Scope and Contents note
Collection comprises a group of three manuscript ledger books, dated 1910-1916, kept by W.S. Risley and J.J. Langmack, showing the records of this mining company in Morrow County, Oregon.
The ledgers include: A) 180 page manuscript ledger, payments and expenses showing wages, shares bought, provisions, labor, mining supplies. B) 107 page manuscript ledger: personnel accounts, labor, freight. C) 20 page manuscript ledger: stock journal listing hundreds of shareholders in 1914.
This information was provided by the dealer upon purchase of the materials.
- Silver King Mining Company (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Silver King Mining Company was a publicly owned mining company that operated in Morrow County, Oregon in the early 20th century.
0.25 linear feet (1 container)
Language of Materials
Collection comprises three ledgers containing information on the finances and stocks of the Silver King Mining Company in Morrow County, Oregon.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Businesses and Corporations Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Mines and Mineral Resources Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Mining corporations -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Morrow County (Or.) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Silver King Mining Company
- Silver industry -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Silver mines and mining -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Silver King Mining Company Records
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by Cassandra A. Schmitt
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA