Research Collection for Conservative and Libertarian Studies
Scope and Contents note
The collection contains conservative and libertarian printed materials. Series I contains newspapers, which are arranged by title. Series II includes periodicals, newsletters, and bulletins published by organizations whose main function is to create, publish, and distribute information. In some cases, the publication is a division or product of a larger organization. The materials are arranged by publication title. Series III includes published material from organizations whose main function is not publishing. The materials are arranged by organization or by publication title when known. Series IV contains published materials relating to and about individuals. The materials are arranged by person.
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
114.5 linear feet (158 containers)
Language of Materials
Collection contains conservative and libertarian printed materials including newspapers, periodicals, newsletters, and bulletins.
Collection is organized into the following series: Series I: Conservative Newspapers Series II: Periodicals - Newsletters - Bulletins Series III: Non-Periodical OrganizationsSeries IV: Individuals
Immediate Source of Acquisition note
Donated by various individuals and institutions.
New materials may be added to the collection periodically as materials are donated and processed.
General Physical Description note
Processing Information note
Collection processed by manuscripts staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Conservatism -- United States -- Periodicals Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Journalism Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Libertarianism -- United States -- Periodicals Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Newsletters Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Newspapers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Periodicals Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Political Campaigns Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Guide to the Research Collection for Conservative and Libertarian Studies
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by Sam Bouchat and Cassandra A. Schmitt
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.