Arthur W. Erfeldt papers
Scope and Contents
The Arthur William Erfeldt collection consists primarily of landscape design plans and drawings, designs and drawings done while Erfeldt was an undergraduate and graduate student, photographs of his design projects, correspondence, newspaper and magazine publications of his designs, plus a variety of other material related to landscape architecture.
- Erfeldt, Arthur William, 1909-1993 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Arthur Erfeldt (1909-1993) was an Oregon landscape architect and graduate of the University of Oregon. After finishing his postgraduate work in landscape architecture and city planning in Sweden, Erfeldt returned to Portland in 1948 and opened his own landscape architecture practice in the Concord Building. For the next thirty-two years, Arthur Erfeldt designed numerous gardens for private residences and public buildings including Lincoln High School and the Stadium Branch of the First National Bank in Portland, Oregon and the master plan for Bush’s Pasture Park in Salem, Oregon. In 1980, Erfeldt retired to his home in West Union, Oregon.
5 linear feet (25 containers) : 3 record storage boxes and 22 oversize folders
Language of Materials
Arthur Erfeldt (1909-1993) was an Oregon landscape architect and graduate of the University of Oregon. The Arthur William Erfeldt collection consists primarily of landscape design plans and drawings.
The Arthur Erfeldt papers are arranged in four series: 1. Printed materials 2. Photographs 3. Client Drawings (arranged alphabetically by client's last name) 4. Personal Drawings
Processing Information note
Collection is processed.
- Architectural Drawings Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Architectural records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Architecture -- Oregon -- Portland -- Designs and plans Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Landscape architects -- Northwest, Pacific Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Landscape architecture drawings Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Portland (Or.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Arthur W. Erfeldt papers
- Revise Description
- Finding aid prepared by University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA