Miscellaneous Subject Files
Scope and Contents
This collection is an artificial, or intentional, collection created by gathering together examples of ephemera that had been acquired over the span of several years by staff in Special Collections. The collection includes advertisement cards; greeting cards; book catalogs; product catalogs; autograph books; and small publications relating to Communism, Socialism, Marxism, music and art, and other social topics.
- circa 1874-1978
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Ephemeral publications are produced as single-use items, such as tickets, brochures, catalogs, menus, receipts, and greeting cards. They are often useful to the researcher as evidence of social and economic life in earlier times.
61.25 linear feet (94 containers)
Language of Materials
The collection contains ephemeral materials such as brochures, flyers, greeting cards, catalogs, and promotional or advertisement cards. The collection was formed by a former curator of Special Collections at the University of Oregon as a way to handle single items that were not a part of a larger collection.
Collection processed by processing staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Advertising cards Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Artifacts Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Catalogs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ephemera Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Greeting cards Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Leaflets Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Guide to the Miscellaneous Subject Files
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by Zach Wegner
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA