A.C. Heyman papers
A.C. (Arnold C.) Heyman (1878-1975) was an Oregon farmer and advocate of public power. Collection consists of correspondence, speeches and radio talks, letters to the editor, materials on the Linn County PUD, research materials on public power, and personal material.
- Heyman, A. C. (Arnold C.), 1878-1975 (Person)
- Hydroelectric Commission of Oregon (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
A.C. (Arnold C.) Heyman (1878-1975) was an Oregon farmer and advocate of public power.
Heyman lived in Ohio and New Mexico before moving to Oregon where he was a county agent, an insurance salesman, superintendent of a Children's Farm Home, and a farmer. He later became a partner in Heyman-Campbell farms with his son, Lud Heyman, and his son-in-law, Malcolm Campbell. The farm specialized in hybrid seed corn.
Heyman was also active in the promotion of a People's Utility District (PUD) for Linn County, Oregon. He gave speeches, wrote letters, and served as the chairman of the Oregon Committee of the Public Ownership League of America. Heyman also served on the sponsoring committee for the proposed Linn County PUD, and was its first secretary.
2.5 linear feet (5 containers) : 5 manuscript boxes
Language of Materials
Collection is organized into the following series: Correspondence, Linn County PUD, Research Materials Concerning Public Power, and Personal Material.
Material within this collection is minimally arranged. Any arrangement is either derived from the records' creators or custodians or from staff at the time of initial processing. It may be necessary to look in multiple places for the same types of materials.
Other Finding Aids
Paper finding aid with additional information is available in Special Collections & University Archives.
Collection processed by Sigrun Putjenter, 1990.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents. Folder titles are based on those created by the creators or previous custodians. Titles have not all been verified against the contents of the folders. In some cases, staff supplied folder titles during initial processing.
- Agriculture -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Electric utilities -- Oregon -- Linn County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Farmers -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Heyman-Campbell Farms
- Hybrid corn -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Linn County People's Utility District
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Public Ownership League of America
- Public utilities -- Oregon -- Linn County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Radio scripts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Research notes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- United States. Bonneville Power Administration
- Guide to the A.C. Heyman papers
- Complete Description
- University of Oregon Libraries Archivists' Toolkit Project Team and Jenn Newby
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA