Charles T. McDaniel papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains bank correspondence, personal and family correspondence, a travel diary, memorial letters, and a photograph album.
There are six folders of correspondence. One folder contains Stockgrowers & Farmers National Bank correspondence (1933-1934) and includes receivers receipts. The bulk of the correspondence (1917-1919) consists of letters exchanged among McDaniel family members including Donald, Lawton, and Mrs. Charles McDaniel. Letters from Lawton McDaniel were written when he was a student at the University of Oregon (1917-1919).
There is one folder of miscellaneous correspondence which includes letters in memoriam regarding Charles McDaniel. The collection also contains a travel diary (1934).
There is also an album of photographs containing scenes in and about Plummer, Idaho (1915). The album is separated from the rest of the collection for preservation reasons and is stored under the call number PH222.
- McDaniel, Charles T. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Charles T. McDaniel was, for many years, a cashier of the Stockgrowers & Farmers National Bank of Wallowa, Oregon.
1.5 linear feet (1 volume, 6 folders)
Language of Materials
Charles T. McDaniel was, for many years, a cashier of the Stockgrowers & Farmers National Bank of Wallowa, Oregon. The collection contains bank correspondence, personal and family correspondence, a travel diary, memorial letters, and a photograph album.
Material within this collection is minimally arranged. Any arrangement is either derived from the records' creators or custodians or from staff at the time of initial processing. It may be necessary to look in multiple places for the same types of materials.
6 folders and 1 photo album.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Banks and banking -- Oregon -- Wallowa Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Idaho Subject Source: Archiveswest
- McDaniel family
- McDaniel, Charles T.
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Pioneers -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Plummer (Idaho) -- Photographs Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Receipts (financial records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Stockgrowers and Farmers National Bank (Wallowa, Or.)
- University of Oregon
- Guide to the Charles T. McDaniel Papers
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet and Kira B. Homo
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA