Charles W. Ertz architectural drawings and photographs
Scope and Contents
The collection includes architectural plans of a few of Charles Ertz’s buildings, including the Plaza Investment Company, the Ertz home, and the Eighth Church of Christ Scientist in Portland, Oregon.
- Ertz, Charles W. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
American architect Charles W. Ertz designed several residences, churches, and commercial buildings in the Portland, Oregon area in the 1920s.
1 linear feet (5 containers) : 5 folders
Language of Materials
Collection comprises architectural drawings and photographs for four projects in the Portland, Oregon area from 1924 to 1927: Plaza Investment Co., Portland (1925); Ertz residence at Forest Hills (1927); Ertz residence at Eastmoreland (1924); and Eighth C.
Charles Ertz was an architect. The collection includes the architectural drawings of Charles W. Ertz from 1924 to 1927. The collection contains Ertz’s plan for the Plaza Investment Company, Portland, Oregon, Ertz’s residences at Forest Hills and Eastmoreland, and the Eighth Church of Christ Scientist, Portland, Oregon.
Collection is processed.
- Architects -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Architectural drawings Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Architecture -- Oregon -- Designs and plans Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Buildings -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographic prints Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Guide to the Charles W. Ertz architectural drawings and photographs
- Preliminary Description
- Finding aid prepared by University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.