John C. Pratt collection of Warren Heywood Williams architectural drawings
Scope and Contents note
The John C. Pratt Collection of Warren Heywood Williams Architectural Drawings consists of two projects done by Warren Heywood Williams. The two projects are the Masonic Temple and the Oregon Electric Railway passenger station, both situated in Eugene, Oregon. Original full size detail working drawings for the Masonic Temple and revisions for the Oregon Electric Railway station, done by the firm of Doyle, Patterson and Beach, are included in the collection. It was Williams who designed Villard Hall on the University of Oregon campus.
- Pratt, John C. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Warren Heywood Williams was an architect who practiced in the Pacific Northwest.
18.75 linear feet (5 containers) : 3 boxes, 2 oversize folders
Language of Materials
John C. Pratt collection constitutes architectural drawings of two projects done by architect Warren Heywood Williams. The collection consists of drawings for two projects: the Masonic Temple and the Oregon Electric Railway passenger station, both located in Eugene, Oregon.
Processing Information note
Collection processed by processing staff, July 1987.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Architects -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Architectural Drawings Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Architecture Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Architecture -- Oregon -- Eugene -- History -- 19th century -- Designs and plans Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Doyle, Patterson and Beach (Firm)
- Eugene Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Williams, Warren Heywood, 1844-1888
- Guide to the John C. Pratt Collection of Warren Heywood Williams Architectural Drawings
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by processing staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.