Russell Steininger papers
Scope and Contents note
The collection contains correspondence and publications pertaining to missionary work in and around Foochow (Fuzhou), China.
- Steininger, Russell, 1896-1967 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Russell Steininger (1896-1967) was a Christian missionary in Foochow (Fuzhou), China in the 1920s.
0.5 linear feet (2 containers) : 2 folders
Language of Materials
Russell Steininger (1896-1967) was a Christian missionary in China. The collection includes correspondence that reflects his work as a missionary.
Immediate Source of Acquisition note
Gift of Russell Steininger in 1965.
Processing Information note
Collection processed by processing staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Missionaries Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Missionaries -- China -- Fuzhou Shi (Fujian Sheng) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Missions, American -- China -- Fuzhou Shi (Fujian Sheng) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Religion Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Steininger, Russell, 1896-1967
- Guide to the Russell Steininger papers
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by processing staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA