Edward B. Williams letters
Scope and Contents
The collection (1864-1865) contains correspondence and a broadside.
There are thirty-two letters written from Edward Williams to his wife, Mrs. E. B. Williams.
With the letters is a broadside titled, "Sketch of Marches and Campaigns Made by Company C, Thirty-second Iowa Infantry, under Maj. Gen. A. J. Smith ... from the Time They Left Union City, Tennessee, about January 1st, 1864, to Montgomery, Alabama, April, 1865..." (Dillon, Iowa, n.d.).
- Williams, Edward B. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Edward B. Williams was a soldier of Company C, 32nd Iowa Infantry, during the American Civil War. Williams was the father-in law of Clyde B. Aitchison.
0.025 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
Edward B. Williams was a soldier of Company C, 32nd Iowa Infantry, during the American Civil War. The collection (1864-1865) contains correspondence and a broadside.
Material within this collection is minimally arranged. Any arrangement is either derived from the records' creators or custodians or from staff at the time of initial processing. It may be necessary to look in multiple places for the same types of materials.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Broadsides Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army
- United States. Army. Iowa Infantry Regiment, 32nd (1862-1865). Company C
- Williams, Edward B.
- Williams, Edward B.
- Guide to the Edward B. Williams Letters
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet and Kira B. Homo
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA