Burton family papers
Collection includes letters, manuscripts, documents, financial material, memorabilia, and photographs of the J. J. Burton family. Most of the material is from Margaret W. Burton (Mrs. J. J.) addressed to her sons and daughters.
- Burton family (Family)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Pioneer family arriving in Oregon in 1844.
1.5 linear feet
Language of Materials
General Physical Description note
Processing Information note
Collection is processed.
- Burton, J. J.
- Burton, Margaret W.
- Eugene (Or.) -- Genealogy Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Photographic prints Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Postcards Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Guide to the Burton family papers
- Preliminary Description
- Finding aid prepared by University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA