Marcus Whitman Walker letters
Scope and Contents
The collection (1867-1893) contains letters written by Marcus Whitman Walker from Brownsville, Weston, and Warm Springs, Oregon to family members.
There are eighteen letters that were written to Mrs. Elkanah Walker and Cyrus Walker. They concern personal and family matters.
- Walker, Marcus Whitman, 1842-1903 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
0.025 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
Marcus Whitman Walker was a son of Elkanah Walker, a pioneer missionary in Oregon. The collection (1867-1893) contains letters written by Marcus Walker from Brownsville, Weston, and Warm Springs, Oregon to family members.
Material within this collection is minimally arranged. Any arrangement is either derived from the records' creators or custodians or from staff at the time of initial processing. It may be necessary to look in multiple places for the same types of materials.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Brownsville (Or.) -- History -- 19th century Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Missionaries -- Oregon -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon -- History -- 19th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pioneers -- Oregon -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Walker family
- Walker, Cyrus, 1827-1913
- Walker, Marcus Whitman, 1842-1903
- Walker, Mary Richardson, 1811-1897
- Warm Springs (Or.) -- History -- 19th century Subject Source: Local sources
- Weston (Or.) -- History -- 19th century Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Guide to the Marcus Whitman Walker Letters
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet and Kira B. Homo
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA