John B. Leiberg papers
John B. Leiberg (1853-1913) was a author who worked at U.S. Department of Agriculture, U.S. Geological Service, and the National Museum in Washington, D.C. The collection includes correspondence and plant catalogs dating roughly from the 1880s to 1909.
- circa 1880-1909
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
John B. Leiberg (1853-1913) was an author who worked at the United States Department of Agriculture, the U. S. Geological Service, and the National Museum in Washington, D.C.
0.5 linear feet (1 container)
Language of Materials
Collection is organized into the following series: Biographical information, Correspondence, and Plant catalogs.
Other Finding Aids
Paper finding aid with additional information is available in Special Collections & University Archives.
1 manuscript box.
Collection processed by University of Oregon Special Collections staff, 1984.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Botany -- Research -- Northwest, Pacific Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Field notes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Forestry and Forestry Products Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Forests and forestry -- Research -- Northwest, Pacific Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Plants -- Northwest, Pacific Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Department of Agriculture
- Guide to the John B. Leiberg Papers
- Preliminary Description
- Finding aid prepared by University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team and Jenn Newby
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA