Earl Ashby Nott political correspondence
Scope and Contents
The collection (1956-1962) contains correspondence, including letters from Wayne L. Morse.
Political correspondence includes eight letters from Wayne L. Morse discussing political strategy, and the condition of politics in Oregon.
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
0.1 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
Earl Ashby Nott (1885-1966) was an attorney in McMinnville, Oregon, who in 1956 served as chairman of the Morse for Senator Committee in Yamhill County. The collection (1956-1962) contains political correspondence, including letters from Wayne L. Morse.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Lawyers -- Oregon -- McMinnville -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon -- Politics and government -- 1951- Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Political campaigns -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Earl Ashby Nott Political Correspondence
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet and Kira B. Homo.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).