Stephen B. Miles papers
Scope and Contents note
The collection, housed in one box, is arranged alphabetically by correspondent. Major correspondence is contained in separate folders and is arranged chronologically within each folder. Miscellaneous correspondence is contained in one folder and is also arranged alphabetically. The remaining folder contains printed matter including a copy of Challenge of Conservatism and reprints of articles from Harvard Business Review written by Miles.
- Miles, Stephen B. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Stephen B. Miles (1916- ), author, secondary teacher, newspaper man and public relations director, has been concerned primarily in developing a philosophy which would lead to a revival of political conservatism. This is reflected in his papers, which largely consist of correspondence. The collection contains discussions and solicitations of advertisements for Miles' book Challenge of Conservatism, co-authored with Paul Sexson. In addition one can find information about articles written by Miles and plans for upcoming books.
0.5 linear feet (1 container)
Language of Materials
Stephen B. Miles (1916-) was an author, secondary teacher, newspaperman and public relations director. The collection includes discussions and solicitations of advertisements and correspondence.
Collection is organized into the following series:
Other Finding Aids
See the Collective Name Index to the Research Collection of Conservative and Libertarian Studies for a cross-referenced index to names of correspondents in this collection, if any, and 37 related University of Oregon collections, including dates of correspondence. See index instructions on use.
Immediate Source of Acquisition note
Gift of Stephen B. Miles in 1982.
Processing Information note
Collection processed by Molly Grant, Manuscripts Processor, April 1982.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Conservatism -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Liberalism -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Political campaigns Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sexson, Paul A.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Stephen B. Miles Papers
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by Molly Grant
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA