Evelyn Sibley Lampman papers
Scope and Contents note
The Evelyn Sibley Lampman Papers consist of manuscripts, galley proofs and illustrations for several novels; short story manuscripts; radio scripts and plays. Major correspondence includes letters to various publishing companies, illustrators and several schools. Of special interest is one short story manuscript which has four watercolor illustrations by Pers Crowell. Several "new book" catalogues from various publishing houses have been re-moved to the Special Collections Subject Files. The collection includes portraits of the author and publicity images, circa 1940s-1960s.
- Lampman, Evelyn Sibley (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Evelyn Lampman (1907- ) was born in Dallas, Oregon and educated at Oregon State College. She worked as a writer for radio stations in Portland, Oregon and then began writing books for children.
13.75 linear feet (21 containers, 1 package)
Language of Materials
Evelyn Sibley Lampman (1907-1980) was an Oregon writer of books for children and young adults. The Evelyn Sibley Lampman Papers consist of manuscripts, galley proofs, illustrations, short story manuscripts, radio manuscripts, plays, correspondence, and photographs.
Collection is organized into the following series: CorrespondenceManuscripts: Book lengthManuscripts: Short storyManuscripts: PlaysManuscripts: ScriptsManuscripts: Miscellaneous materialReviewsPrinted materialMiscellaneousPhotographs
General Physical Description note
21 containers, 1 package
Processing Information note
Collection processed by processing staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Children and Youth Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Children's literature, American -- Authorship Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Literature Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Politicians -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Radio authorship Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Women authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Evelyn Sibley Lampman Papers
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by processing staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA