Orson A. Stearns reminiscences of pioneer days of Phoenix, Oregon and sketch of Samuel Colver
Scope and Contents
Collections contains 114 pages of handwritten reminiscences composed for Effie Taylor of Medford, Oregon including those of pioneer days and the early settlers of Phoenix, Oregon and a sketch of Samuel Clover.
- circa 1843-1926
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Orson Avery Sterns (1843-1926) was an Oregon Pioneer soldier who later became a successful agriculturist and stockman. Served as the first delegate from his portion of the state to attend the republican county convention in 1866. Elected to the state legislature in 1880 and was a major proponent of creating the Klamath County Historical Society where he served as their first president.
0.1 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
Orson Avery Sterns (1843-1926) was an Oregon Pioneer soldier who later became a successful agriculturist, politician and stockman. Collections contains 114 pages of handwritten reminiscences to Effie Taylor of Medford, Oregon.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Clover, Sam T., 1859-1934
- Phoenix (Or.) -- History Subject Source: Local sources
- Pioneers Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Pioneers -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pioneers -- Oregon -- Jackson County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Reminiscences Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Stearns, Orson A. (Orson Avery), 1843-1926
- Guide to the Orson A. Stearns Reminiscences of Pioneer Days of Phoenix, Oregon and Sketch of Samuel Colver
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team and Jenn Newby
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA