James B. Sperry papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains one ten paged history of the Sperry Family written by James B. Sperry.
- circa 1833-1922
- Sperry, James B., 1833-1922 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
James B. Sperry (1833-1922) was an Oregon pioneer, farmer, trader, army veteran, sheep rancher, and member of the Oregon state legislature.
0.1 linear feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials
James Sperry (1833-1922) was a Oregon pioneer, farmer, trader, army veteran, sheep raiser, and politician. Collection contains one, ten paged history of the Sperry Family written by Sperry.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated by Mrs. Glen McFarland.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Family histories Subject Source: Genre Terms: A Thesaurus for Use in Rare Book and Special Collections Cataloguing
- Frontier and Pioneer life Subject Source: Local sources
- Legislators -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pioneers Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Pioneers -- Oregon Territory Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ranchers -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sperry, James B., 1833-1922
- Guide to the James B. Sperry Papers
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team and Jenn Newby
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA