Kraemer family papers
Scope and Contents
The collection (1897-1939) consists of material regarding the Kraemer family, Jews in Oregon, and political matters, and material includes correspondence and addresses by members of the Kraemer family, and letters from Senator George E. Chamberlain.
Correspondence consists of three letters from Senator George E. Chamberlain (1913-1914) to Otto J. Kraemer, and six letters from Julius Kraemer to his children.
Also included in the collection are addresses of Otto J. Kraemer to various organizations, including B'nai B'rith of Portland and the Portland Zionist Society.
- Kraemer, Otto J. (Otto Julius), 1874-1951 (Person)
- Kraemer, Julius, 1837-1922 (Person)
- Chamberlain, George E. (George Earle), 1854-1928 (Person)
- Kraemer (Family : 1897-1939 : Or.) (Family)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
0.75 linear feet (3 folders)
Language of Materials
The Kraemer family of Oregon and California includes Otto J. Kraemer, Julius Kraemer, and Julius' children. The collection (1897-1939) consists of material regarding the Kraemer family, Jews in Oregon, and political matters, and material includes correspondence and addresses by members of the Kraemer family, and letters from Senator George E. Chamberlain.
Material within this collection is minimally arranged. Any arrangement is either derived from the records' creators or custodians or from staff at the time of initial processing. It may be necessary to look in multiple places for the same types of materials.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Addresses Subject Source: Genre Terms: A Thesaurus for Use in Rare Book and Special Collections Cataloguing
- Chamberlain, George E. (George Earle), 1854-1928
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Cramer family
- Cramer family
- Cramer family
- Jewish Americans Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Jews -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon -- Politics and government -- 1859-1950 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Kraemer Family Papers
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet and Kira B. Homo
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA