Scope and Contents note
The collection consists of Haefner's recollections of his work as a forester in Oregon from 1908 to 1953, including sixteen years in the Siskiyou National Forest.
- Haefner, Henry E., 1884- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Henry E. Haefner was a forester in the Siskiyou National Forest and Oregon. He was born in 1884. He lived in Portland, Oregon in 1978 when he wrote his recollections.
0.1 linear feet (3 folders)
Language of Materials
Henry E. Haefner was a forester. The collection contains a copy of his recollections of working in Oregon as a forester from 1908 to 1953, including sixteen years in the Siskiyou National Forest.
Collection is located with other small manuscript collections.
General Physical Description note
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Environmental Conditions Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Forest reserves -- Oregon -- Management Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Foresters -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Forestry and Forestry Products Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Forests and forestry -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Haefner, Henry E., 1884-
- Logging Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oregon Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Reminiscences Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Siskiyou National Forest (Or. and Calif.) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sports and Recreation Subject Source: Archiveswest
- United States. Forest Service
- Guide to the Henry E. Haefner Papers
- Revise Description
- Finding aid prepared by Vida Germano
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.