Wyona Eliza Surfus Gordon papers
Scope and Contents note
Collection consists of a detailed typewritten memoir of an overland wagon trip from Topeka, Kansas to Oregon City, Oregon.
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Wyona Eliza Surfus Gordon traveled overland from Topeka, Kansas to Oregon City, Oregon in 1883. She attended Philomath College and later taught school in Portland.
0.1 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
Wyona Eliza Surfus Gordon was an Oregon pioneer and school teacher. The collection consists of a detailed typewritten memoir of an overland wagon trip from Kansas to Oregon in 1883.
Existence and Location of Copies note
Available in microfilm as part of: Women's lives. Series 3, American women missionaries and pioneers collection (MICROFILM BV3703 .W66 2006, reel 92); Primary Source Microfilm, 12 Lunar Dr., Woodbridge, Conn. 06525.
- City and Town Life Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Diaries Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Frontier and pioneer life -- West (U.S.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Memoirs Subject Source: Genre Terms: A Thesaurus for Use in Rare Book and Special Collections Cataloguing
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon -- Biography Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Overland Journeys to the Northwestern United States Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Overland journeys to the Pacific Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pacific Northwest History Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Pioneers Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Teachers -- Oregon -- Portland Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Women Pioneers -- West (U.S.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Wyona Eliza Surfus Gordon Papers
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by Jenny Palm
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA