Sylvester Pennoyer scrapbook
Scope and Contents
Collection includes 1 scrapbook of 159 pages of letters, printed messages, speeches, and newspaper clippings relating to Sylvester Pennoyer and family as well as a portrait of Pennoyer.
- Pennoyer, Sylvester, 1831-1902 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Sylvester Pennoyer (1831–1902) was an attorney, businessman, and politician in Oregon. He served as Governor of Oregon from 1886 to 1895 and mayor of Portland from 1896 to 1898.
0.1 linear feet (1 container) : 1 volume
Language of Materials
Sylvester Pennoyer (1831–1902) was an attorney, businessman, and politician in Oregon. Collection includes 1 scrapbook, 159 pages of letters, printed messages, speeches, and newspaper clippings relating to Sylvester Pennoyer and family.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated by Robert A. Miller.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Governors -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (Correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Politics and Politicians Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Guide to the Sylvester Pennoyer Scrapbook
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team and Jenn Newby
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA