Jerome Workman correspondence
Scope and Contents
The collection (1912-1914) contains correspondence regarding Oregon businesses, including transportation and mining firms.
The correspondence includes about eighty letters, both incoming and outgoing. Letters refer mainly to the business of the Portland, Eugene & Eastern Railway Co., particularly street railways in Eugene, and to the Humboldt Consolidated Gold Mines in Baker, Oregon.
Major correspondents are Robert E. Strahorn and Fred R. Mellis.
- Mellis, Fred R., -1922 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
0.025 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
Jerome Workman was an attorney in Eugene, Oregon, who also served as secretary of the Chamber of Commerce. The collection (1912-1914) contains correspondence regarding Oregon businesses, including transportation and mining firms.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Business enterprises -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Gold mines and mining -- Oregon -- Baker County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Humboldt Consolidated Gold Mines
- Lawyers -- Oregon -- Eugene -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mines and Mineral Resources Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Mining corporations -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Portland, Eugene and Eastern Railway
- Railroads -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Strahorn, Robert E. (Robert Edmund), 1852-1944
- Street-railroads -- Oregon -- Eugene Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Transportation -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Workman, Jerome
- Guide to the Jerome Workman Correspondence
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet and Kira B. Homo.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).