Middle Sister register
Scope and Contents
The collection contains the register, dated from August 26, 1892 to June 22, 1930, which contains descriptions of ascents.
Descriptions include starting and ending times, and places, names and ages of climbers, and includes information of climbers who started but didn't reach the top.
- 1892 August 26-1930 June 22
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
0.025 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
The Middle Sister register is a hand written roster of climbers who made an ascent of the "Middle Sister" peak in the Cascade Mountain range. The collection contains the register, dated from August 26, 1892 to June 22, 1930, which contains descriptions of ascents.
Existence and Location of Copies
Transcripts of the Middle Sister register are located within the collection: Obsidians, Inc. records, Bx 196.
Collection processed by staff; and Tanya Parlet, 2013.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Mountaineering -- Cascade Range Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mountaineering -- Oregon -- Three Sisters Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mountaineers -- Oregon -- Registers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oregon Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Three Sisters (Or.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Three Sisters Wilderness (Or.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Middle Sister Register
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).