Scope and Contents
Katherine Lucas Fenton scrapbook is composed of newspaper and magazine articles relating to Oregon history. Includes considerable material on the Whitman controversy, and an article on Oregon history by William MacLeod Raine.
- Fenton, Katherine Lucas, 1859-1930 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Katherine L. Fenton (1859-1930) was a pioneer who settled in Portland, Oregon and a mother of two soldiers. She was married to William D. Fenton who was a sergeant at Base Hospital 46, Bazoilles-sur-Meuse.
0.15 linear feet (1 volume)
Language of Materials
Katherine Lucas Fenton of Portland, Oregon, was a pioneer and the mother of the two soldiers. The scrapbook is composed of newspaper and magazine articles relating to Oregon history. Includes considerable material on the Whitman controversy, and an article on Oregon history by William MacLeod Raine.
General Physical Description note
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Clippings Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Oregon -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pioneers Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Pioneers -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Whitman Massacre, 1847 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Katherine Lucas Fenton Scrapbook
- Complete Description
- University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team and Amanda Steele
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.