John R. Williams letters to Lucy Applegate
Scope and Contents
Collection contains five letters that are undated. The letters are believed to be written by John R. Willams to Lucy although some may be written by Lucy's sister Irene. The letters known to be written by Williams are very affectionate toward Lucy.
- circa 1840-1910
- Williams, John R., active 1840-1910 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Lucy Applegate (1830-1910) was the daughter of Charles Applegate and the niece of Jesse Applegate who helped establish the Applegate Trail in Oregon.
John R. Williams was believed to be a dear friend of Lucy Applegate.
0.1 linear feet (1 container) : 1 folder
Language of Materials
Lucy Applegate (1830-1910) was the daughter of Charles Applegate and the niece of Jesse Applegate who helped establish the Applegate Trail in Oregon. Collection contains five letters that are undated.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Applegate, Lucy, 1830-1910 (Correspondent)
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Frontier and pioneer life Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (Correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Pioneers Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Pioneers -- Oregon -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women Pioneers -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the John R. Williams Letters to Lucy Applegate
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team and Jenn Newby
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English